Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The hottest of the yoga

Everyone that knows me knows that I am just slightly obsessed with yoga! Ok... maybe more than slightly... I have been intrigued for a long time with Eastern philosophy, and so yoga kind of just went along with that. My dad and my mom really connected with yoga before my dad died and I believe it brought them closer. It also was very healing to my dad after his stroke and heart attack.... So perhaps my obsession with yoga is maybe a need to somehow still connect with my dad, or maybe its all about feeling centered everytime I go! Whatever reason it is, I always know (and my husband for that matter haha) knows that whenever I start feeling out of balance, or grumpy, its time some YOGA and me time! That being said, I have always pretty much done power yoga at the gym, which I know is pretty westernized version of the goods but it still has roots... When I discovered hot yoga, I went with my awesome friend Jen and the minute I started I was hooked to Bikram! And every time I went after that I knew it was where I needed to be. I needed this, it was a new challenge, and it was almost like a step up from the yoga I had been doing for SO many years! I was hooked! So right away I signed up and have been squeezing all the toxins out of my body that I never even knew I had! haha! All I know is it is total, and complete amazingness, and uncomfortableness all rolled up in one 90 minute class! With the room being 105 degrees, by the time you leave, it is like you jumped into a pool and drip dried by getting squeezed out like a super wet wash cloth! Depending on so many factors, you can lose up to 1000 calories in one class alone! Its amazing and its like I have been taken to a whole other level in yoga land and I am completely infatuated.... Happy yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment