Thursday, August 8, 2013

For the love of running......

I wasn't hit with the running bug until I moved to my current town.  Since I moved 20 minutes away from my gym, it seemed I had no choice but to start running on nights I couldn't get to the gym.  Fast forward about 5 years before moving into my current house and I was running in my first 5k which my avid running sis in law convinced me to do, everyone was dressed in tutus and it was nuts but it was way fun!  I don't think I realized then what a culture club running can be!  Fast forward to high school and I pretty much hated running!  Haha!  I have always been into fitness and dancing, making up routines in my bedroom in jr. High, to dancing on dance company, to always having a gym membership.....  You can say I am a little bit of a fitness fanatic, which apparently to some people means I am a vegetarian too....  I am not, but being healthy in general is very important to me, kind of second nature actually.......
Nature....back to running.....  Rewind to my life now and the past 7 years....  I love to run.  It's a passion, it's a getaway, it's a gift.  I love running outside and feeling the wind, staring at the beauty all around me, so in awe..... Listening to awesome music, and feeling free.  34 years old and feeling passionate about what I love and who I want to be, clearing my mind while running makes me feel pretty great....  You should try it sometime...  But watch out, you might get bit by the running bug too!   Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment